Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cranberry Nut Bread and Suggestions needed

This may possibly be the first thing I've made from The Joy of Vegan Baking. It is the Cranberry Nut Bread. It made a really big loaf and was great for breakfast or snack. Just good all around. I used candied orange in it and it has orange juice and orange and lemon zest, so it was very orange-y. And then the cranberries and Nuts of course--Yum!

On another note, we are going on a little trip this week to San Antonio. Does anyone have any suggestions for Vegan/Vegetarian places to eat while we are there? I actually lived in San Antonio for about 6 months in the late 90's, but I can only remember two places that I used to eat (A Mexican food place off Broadway and Twin Sister's Cafe). Hopefully there are more than that.

5 comments:

  1. I think Green is the only all veg place and it's supposed to be really good. They won the veg chili cookoff last year - I tried some and I thought they deserved the win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the Joy of Vegan Baking - one of my very favourite baking books ever. I haven't made this yet, though, but your loaf is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked go dairy free, but I don't have any San Antonio restos listed yet. If you find any good ones while you are there, please do let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i attest that the cranberry nut bread was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the suggestion aTxVegan! We will trying Green for sure. And Alisa, I'll let you know what we discover.

    ReplyDelete